Sunday, June 1, 2008

Twilight Book Club

So all of you Twi-hards will appreciate this. For my book club we read Twilight. It was my month to host, so I was in charge of the discussion, treats, and having the meeting at my house. There is a lot of pressure on the treats because everyone tries to make food that was mentioned in the book or have the food mean something in relation to the book. All in all the evening went well. I was worried about cramming 12 ladies into my small living room, but it was fine. I was surprised because a few ladies didn't like the book for various reasons. It was my first time hearing anyone badmouth the book. I admit it was a little hard to hear, but I still love the book just as much as ever.


I tried to have everything be red and black. I served pizza with 1 bite taken out, mini cheesecakes with cherry topping, red apples and caramel dip, and just 'cause I love it spinach and artichoke dip with chips.



I had to take a closeup of the bite taken out. I joked about me taking a bite, but I used a measuring spoon to make the perfect bite.

Here are some of the ladies from my book club. In yellow is my friend Jeanne (you say it the french way Janae). She is the president and is a ton of fun to be around.

4 comments:

jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larsen said...

You delete your comments? Anyway, YEAH!!!! I was super stoked to see you had updated! You look great! Glad that you were able to sit through borking speaches and drink free beer.

I didn't know you loved Twilight. Me too. Does Lani?

Looks like you had a good time in Utah for the wedding too!

Very fun! I miss ya!

Larsen said...

Oh, that was me, Gina!

Parsons Family said...

i wish that we had a twilight book club, me and my mom would join.love ashley!!!!