Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Raccoons

Well I made it back safe from Girl's Camp. One night I thought I might be eaten by raccoons, but apparently they only like chocolate marshmellows. Wow, camp was really hard and a ton of fun this year. This is my 4th year going as a leader in two seperate states and I must say that I love the way they do camp in Federal Way. The leaders actually get free time each morning while YCL's take the girls to their different certification classes. One of the highlights was teaching the girls the proper way to play Big Booty. They didn't know about the cool dance moves that can be added for everyone's viewing pleasure. Camp was a lot harder this year mainly because there was only one other leader for our ward and because the girls were all 12 and 13 years old and a few of them were used to someone else doing everything for them. The weather was perfect for camp. It was even warm enough on Friday to swim in the lake and go canoing. I prayed very hard that there would be no rain, since June can be a very rainy month in the Seattle area.

2 comments:

Larsen said...

Cool! I am so glad that it was a good experience for you. Girls camp can really go one way or the other, and seldom it lands in the middle of "okay".

I won't be going to camp, otehr than on Bishopric night.

Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

good to hear it went well! glad your safe!