Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Stars are Born

Well I had plans to update the blog in the hospital imagining this serene time with the babies, but it was crazy. I felt horrible and with two babies to occupy your mind, you find that you just let the little unimportant things in life slide. We went in Sunday morning at 8:30am to get induced and after laboring all day I finally delivered the babies at 2:00am on Monday the 30th. I didn't have to have a c-section much to my doctors surprise and the girls were only 2 minutes apart because Ashley was right there anxious to come out. This is us, well Ashley and me when we got discharged on Wednesday from the hospital. Sierra had low blood sugar and couldn't maintain her temperature so she had to stay in the hospital until Friday. So we had a taste of what it would be like to only have one baby.

Ashley is on the left and Sierra is on the right.


Ashley: left, Sierra: right

They are getting ready to go to their first doctor appointments and as you can see they love their car seats.


I had to show that I can juggle both at the same time.



Sierra: left, Ashley: right

This is right after their first bath in the hospital.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for babies!!! Is there (ever) a good time to call you?

Kaylene said...

SO adorable! they both just have their own little looks don't they? Way to go Lara! (and Jeremy)

Suzanne said...

congrats you guys!!!! They are beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Larsen said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I AM SERIOUSLY SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! I AM SURE IT'S GRUELING RIGHT NOW WITH DIAPERS AND FEEDINGS AND SLEEP, BUT HANG IN THERE....IT'S GONNA JUST GET BETTER EVERY DAY!

The G-5+2 said...

Congrats. Your girls are so beautiful. I am so happy for you guys.

Sara said...

They are both beautiful! Doesn't it feel good to have something(s) so Fresh outta heaven?! What a blessing. Congratulations to all 4 of you! Well done!

Michelle said...

What beautiful baby girls! Congratulations you two! :) WE MISS YOU GUYS!

Brooke B said...

I'm so happy for you, and overwhelmed for you! It seems so hard sometimes but remember that it goes by way too fast so enjoy it!

Lani and David Lehrschall said...

Oh Lara you sure look like you are adjusting well! The girls are so cute!! They don't look alike at all. It will be fun to watch them grow. Congrats!!

David and Lani

Anonymous said...

yeah! finally! you guys look like naturals!

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

I am SO happy for you guys! You'll do twins great! Congratulations on two sweet babies!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Congrats Lara! They are beautiful! Glad everything went well. So, I know I mentioned this before, but we live in Renton. We should get together sometime! :)

Stephen & Kendra said...

Oh my word they are so tiny and cute. Congradulations you guys, I bet you are so glad they are here! I found your blog through Kim Halliday, hope you don't mind. Have a great day!