Sunday, May 2, 2010

5 months old

Well we have survived 5 months of being parents of two very busy twin girls. I am finally feeling like I am a mom instead of like I am playing house. The girls are getting so big. Ashley has 2 teeth and is very mobile, she loves to roll over and scoot around on her tummy. Sierra has one tooth and is very vocal, she just started noticing our faces and grabs them and will try to bite and attack your face when she is tired and wants to go to bed. They have both learned to put themselves to sleep and it is a lifesaver. The only way I have survived thus far is because I hired a nanny. Her name is Aubrey and she was one of my young woman home for the semester from BYU-I. She was the best, we had so much fun together. She just went back a few weeks ago and then I flew to Idaho with the girls to see my mom. I was so worried about the flight due to Ashley's inability to fall asleep anywhere but her crib and all of my fears were in vain. They were angels and charmed all of the people on the flight. It must have been because of the thousands of prayers that my mom and sisters gave in my behalf during the flight. Now I am flying solo sort of - Jeremy was laid off on the day that I flew to Idaho. It was a huge shock to us and his co-workers, but we are hoping that there is a better job out there for him. So he is home during the day, but we try to act like he isn't here so he can look for a job. The girls seem to be more patient with me and I am learning to cherish the times when they are both asleep and I can shower or getting something else done. Before it didn't matter because Aubrey could always hold whoever was awake while I focused on the household chores and my physical needs. Well enough rambling here are some cute photos of the girls.
One day it was nice outside so I dressed them in their sun gear. (Ashley left, Sierra right)

Our family in our Sunday best.

Ashley and Sierra eating rice cereal for the first time just a few weeks ago. I have been putting this off because it just was feeling like one more thing I have to do everyday. They are still trying to master swallowing. Sierra will eat spoonful after spoonful and you feel awesome and then she spits it all out in a huge blob. Ashley just spits it out after every bite so it gets more and more runny as you go.

Marissa, my twin, surprised my mom and I and flew to SLC where Mike and Kaila picked her up on the way to Idaho. It was great to see Roman for the first time and be home in beautiful Idaho.

Ashley, Roman and Sierra chillin' on the chair. It is nice that they have a cousin their age. I love how Roman looks like he wants someone to rescue him from the girls. He is exactly one month younger than the girls.

Here are the girls holding hands. Sierra will grab Ashley's hand and Ashley will try to get away. Lately Ashley has been taking toys from Sierra and Jeremy will tell Ashley not to take the toy Sierra was playing with like she knows what she is doing. It is pretty fun to see them interact more and more. (Ashley left, Sierra right)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, Lara. I miss you! I love the pictures. The girls are getting so big! I'm sorry to hear about the job, and we'll pray for you to find something even better.

Marissa and Jim said...

Woohoo! Thanks for the pictures and cute story. I love the antics of both girls. Make sure to kiss them for me and tell them how much I love them. We are praying for you. Love you!

Larsen said...

A nanny, wow! I bet that really helped! I am glad that you were able to fly to ID with both girls successfully too. That is great!

I am really sorry to hear about Jeremy's work. That isn't cool at all, and our thoughts and prayers are with you while he looks for work. Idaho Falls is a nice place to live . . .maybe there is work here for him. : )

Marky Mark and the Funky bunch said...

The girls are getting sooo big! What cuties! I loved the sunglasses picture...too cute! I'm glad to hear you are surviving life with twins!! :) Lots of work, but even more fun!!